Children, Youth & Young Adults
Let no one despise your youth, but set the believers an example in speech and conduct, in love, in faith, in purity. -I Timothy 4:12
Our Youth & Young Adult Ministry is shaped in the following:
- Nursery, second floor (Room 21): childcare providers are present every Sunday during the service.
- Sunday Class at 9:30 am, as announced (see “Christian Education” page for more info).
- Junior Church, grades K-5, have their own worship service after the first offering. Students can leave then and go to the library across the hall from the main sanctuary entrance.
- Family Sunday: The third Sunday of each month all ages worship together as a church family.
- Youth Programming — our best effort is to have one event per month, outside of worship space, to form community.
- Engaging Action — is the name of this age group’s Bible studies held every other Tuesday starting Oct 20, 2015. We will be exploring the theme of “God Everywhere.” Come reflect on questions of where you sense God, where you want to sense God, and where you need to sense God. See EVENTS.
- In-Care/Discernment Committee — as part of our covenant to assist in the development of future church leaders, UChurch has an In-Care (UCC) and Discernment (DoC) committee of clergy and lay (we have over 20 ordained clergy at UChurch!!!), to help seminarians move closer towards ordination. Discernment can be a time ripe with anxiety: we got your back!
The Youth Committee is made up of a leadership team, students, and their caretakers who are passionate about programming for different age groups within the church. Contact Ramona Gant if you’re interested in being on this committee. We welcome parents and volunteers!
Advisory Leadership Team
Ramona Gant, Director of Youth & Young Adults
Callie Patikas: Childcare Provider (infants to Kindergarten)
Latest Youth & Young Adult News & Activities
We are excited to welcome Michele Ellis to our staff as the new Youth Minister. Michele (pronounced “Michael”) is from Chicago and has been in the United Church of Christ her entire life (her home church is Trinity UCC). She has a wealth of experience working across all age categories with youth, but most importantly […]
By Colleen Patikas Can you imagine? Can you speak the words that have not yet been spoken? Can you keep a bond that can never be broken? Like handcuffs that could never be opened Imagine the possible The possibility that Reality Holds the key 2 fantasy And fantasy holds the key to Reality Cuz if […]
Calling all youth and their parents!! A special class, led by Pastor Julian DeShazier, will be forming soon. The content will prepare young people to make a decision about choosing baptism or confirmation for themselves. The class will be open to all youth in grades 7 and older. Those who have already been in such […]