Children, Youth & Young Adults
Let no one despise your youth, but set the believers an example in speech and conduct, in love, in faith, in purity. -I Timothy 4:12
Our Youth & Young Adult Ministry is shaped in the following:
- Nursery, second floor (Room 21): childcare providers are present every Sunday during the service.
- Sacred Circle (Room 22): this class is for ages 3-8 during the worship service. Children will hear a story, then visit hands-on centers to further experience the story through music, play, drama and art.
- Junior Church, grades K-5, have their own worship service after the first offering. Students can leave then and go to the library across the hall from the main sanctuary entrance.
- Youth Programming — our best effort is to have one event per month, outside of worship space, to form community.
- In-Care/Discernment Committee — as part of our covenant to assist in the development of future church leaders, we have a Discernment committee of clergy and lay – we have over 20 ordained folk here (!!!) – to help seminarians move closer towards ordination. Discernment can be a time ripe with anxiety: we’ve got your back! If you are interested in ordination, let us know!
The Youth Committee is made up of a leadership team, students, and their caretakers who are passionate about programming for different age groups within the church. Contact Youth Director Ramona Bamgbose if you’re interested in being on this committee. We welcome parents and volunteers!
Advisory Leadership Team
Ramona Gant Bamgbose, Director of Youth & Young Adults
Diamond Mitchell & Colleen Patikas: Childcare providers (infants to Kindergarten)
Latest Youth & Young Adult News & Activities
We are excited to welcome Michele Ellis to our staff as the new Youth Minister. Michele (pronounced “Michael”) is from Chicago and has been in the United Church of Christ her entire life (her home church is Trinity UCC). She has a wealth of experience working across all age categories with youth, but most importantly […]
By Colleen Patikas Can you imagine? Can you speak the words that have not yet been spoken? Can you keep a bond that can never be broken? Like handcuffs that could never be opened Imagine the possible The possibility that Reality Holds the key 2 fantasy And fantasy holds the key to Reality Cuz if […]
Calling all youth and their parents!! A special class, led by Pastor Julian DeShazier, will be forming soon. The content will prepare young people to make a decision about choosing baptism or confirmation for themselves. The class will be open to all youth in grades 7 and older. Those who have already been in such […]